What are the Club's aims?
- To provide a safe, friendly environment for the teaching, learning and coaching of swimming
- To teach all four recognised swimming strokes as laid down by the FINA laws
- To encourage swimmers to go on to develop competitive swimming skills, allowing them to compete in galas, at local, County, District and National Level.
Do we need volunteers?
We rely on volunteers to meet all of our aims. We work to ensure that we always have a sufficient number of highly qualified volunteers working within the club.
What do we do?
There are many different roles within the Club.
- Committee posts, such as Treasurer, Secretary, fund raising, swim-ware, uniforms
- Teaching and coaching
- Team managing, supervision, time-keeping and helping at galas.
- Children's Officer
If you would like to know more about the jobs then you can contact any member of the committee who can arrange for a member of the Committee or Club Coach to discuss the post with you in detail.
Other opportunities are also available, such as assisting teachers and coaches, and jobs that need to be done at competitions such as record keeping, announcing, raffle, etc.
Volunteers can help at as few or as many sessions as they want. For Teletots & PTL galas, transport will be provided.
Who do we recruit?
We welcome anyone who is keen! Our current volunteers are parents, ex-swimmers or swimmers.
We may also assist any members who wish to take their Level 1, 2 or 3 course by paying the cost of the course.
How do we recruit?
- A committee member or swim coach may approach you
- Posters on the notice board
- Word of mouth
- Registration form
- OR YOU CAN APROACH US!