- To provide a safe and clear way to introduce new swimmers to the Club.
- To quickly assess the ability of all new club swimmers and stream them into the right level training programme as quickly as possible.
- New member induction takes place on a Monday night at 6:30pm.
- Prior to arrival please make contact with the Chairman, Head Coach or alternatively with a member of the committee. By doing so the Club will ensure that a member of the coaching staff is ready to receive the potential new member.
- The induction sessions will be run by the Head Coach or a designated member of the coaching staff. Please try to ensure that the swimmer arrives on poolside for before 6.30pm; this will allow the coach time to get to know the swimmer and parent (for younger swimmers) prior to them entering the water. Please bring the following with you Costume and goggles – you can help your child change in the changing rooms and bring them on poolside.
- The induction session will consist of an assessment of the swimmer’s ability in order to determine which session/lane would be most appropriate for the swimmer. There will be no charge for this assessment. The induction session will only take a few minutes. The swimmer must be able to swim at least two lengths and should have attended several swimming lessons. Parents will be able to watch from the window seats by the pool or the gallery above the pool.
- Following the assessment the swimmer/parent will be advised as to whether the swimmer can join the Club, and if so, which group would be most appropriate, and which nights that group trains.
- The swimmer will then be offered the opportunity to join the Club and will be provided with copies of the club rules, code of conduct, information on fees and the club registration forms.
- For those transferring from another Club, Swim Ulster/Ireland rules must be adhered too.